The health and safety of our patients and staff is our top priority. Dr. Herbst will offer surgical treatment following strict guidelines issued by the CDC and State of Connecticut related to COVID-19.
• Patients are pre-screened prior to an appointment. Patients who are currently sick or have been exposed to COVID-19 will be required to reschedule an in-office appointment. Symptoms related to COVID-19 include but are not limited to fever, cough, shortness of breath, chills, muscle pain, diarrhea, sore throat, abdominal pain, loss of taste or smell, and/or red or bruised toes.
• To minimize contact, patients will remain in their sanitized treatment room during the entire Mohs procedure.
• All patients will be required to wear a mask in the office except while undergoing a procedure in which the mask interferes.
• Social distancing is a priority for our offices. If you bring someone to drive you home from your procedure he or she may be asked to wait in the car.
• Offices will be cleaned and disinfected frequently throughout the day. Hand sanitizer stations and pumps will be available in all waiting areas. Telemedicine appointments will be utilized for surgical consultation and routine follow ups.
• All patients will need to leave a credit card on file unless covered by Medicare. There are no exceptions. We are doing this to minimize contact between patient and staff.
• We are no longer accepting cash as payment. We are doing this to minimize contact between patient and staff.
• Co-pays for visits will be collected prior to appointment once insurance is verified by our staff.